Brewcaster

Sunday, November 4, 2007

Fireside Chat

Friday night we went to see Jim Gaffigan at the Arlene Schnitzer Concert Hall. Very cool place. Jim was amazingly hilarious. We were soo tired from the week though, Melissa was doing the nod-off occasionally. It is frustrating when that happens at an event you WANT to be alert and enjoy it. But your body fights you and usually wins. :(

Yesterday was a great day. We got up early to go do some volunteer(painting) working at the school Melissa teaches in. Easy work you can feel good about. We took a break and walked through the neighborhood, found a nice little yard sale.

The weather has been amazing lately. Fall seems to last about 2-3years here. This is a nice contrast to back in Oklahoma. The last few years in Oklahoma, it seemed like Fall lasted about 2-3 hours max. It really is beautiful here.

In the afternoon Dave and the Aqueduct boyz called me up and wanted to hang. They were in town for a show that night and had come the night before. I hadn't seen or really had the chance to talk to Matt since we moved. It was nice getting the chance to do that. Good Thai food was ingested.

That night Aqueduct played at Holocene. This was our first time at this venue, and I have to say hopefully the last. It was just a terribly designed venue for music. It appears to be an old warehouse with a bar and a few walls thrown up. Their website suffers from the same issue of functionality vs. cool factor. Nothing has been done to eliminate the echo chamber that is caused by concrete floors and 30 foot ceilings. Oh well, beer really helped my personal listening experience here. Aqueduct rocked pretty solid, and we had a blast. It is good to see Aqueduct getting better responses here in Portland, I need them to keep coming back in to town.

Aqueduct - Holocene (Portland, OR) - 11/04/2007

Aqueduct - Holocene (Portland, OR) - 11/04/2007

In other news... I will be 30 years old in 1 month. Good bye 20's. I have already received part of my 30th b-day gift. If you know me at all, you know I enjoy electronic gadgets, and more specifically phones. Did you buy and iPhone???!! No. I bought the newest Sony Ericsson Cybershot phone. The K850i. Besides being able to play all the formats the iPod does it also has a 5 megapixel camera, auto-focus lens, and xenon flash. There are a ton of features I won't list out. But basically I bought it so I could take pictures like this anytime I am out and not have to remember to lug a camera around.

Saturday Market - Portland, OR

Sleepy Dais

In fact, I haven't used our "real" digicam in a lonnngg time. This is just too convenient. And now will take better photos in darker lighting.

This week I think Feist is the only thing on our schedule. Besides lots of work, sleep, eating, and drinking. Thanks for reading.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home