Brewcaster

Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Cingular - How much I hate you/think you are genius

So my pretty new Sony Ericsson phone is making static sounds when you squeeze it while talking to someone. This is annoying, and both parties can hear it. Why do they call them parties? Anyway, I call the Cingular line, they run the basics over me, "Did it get wet? Did you happen to drop it? Did you put it in the microwave? Did you play baseball with it because you couldn't find your Wiffle Ball?" I made it past level one, and was told I needed to call the "warranty line". "But it must be from a different phone". First genius trick: Make them be stationary, don't let them get other things done in their life while they have to wait for us to answer.

So I call the number and after choosing English twice, and typing in my # twice(with area code first) I first get warned that my wait time may be longer than 10 minutes. THAN I get the beautiful hold music. I am still listening to it now at my desk at work. Daa daa daa daaaa. It's sort of like the Twin Peaks theme song, but less scary and a little more relaxing. Best part? It's a an obvious loop of 30 seconds!!!!! I crap you not, I have timed it. It plays for 30 seconds, stops, and then fades back in. It is so obvious. I think the military designed this to get terroists to talk. It's breaking my will to stay on hold. Oh shit, something just happend, some robot voice came on(all I could make out was the # 2), then silence, do I hang up and start again? Fuck this, surprising that when you need a phone warrantied, you get the run around. How many actually can wait this out? I am getting nothing but silence on the phone, I am hanging up and redialing. I am a douche.

You should hear this: 1-800-801-1101

9 Comments:

Blogger the duty. said...

why don't you do us all a favor and use that static-y phone to call yourself a frickin' WAA-mbulance.

sheesh.

5/31/2005 9:05 PM  
Blogger eric said...

i think we should start our own cell phone company, and make it not suck.

6/01/2005 6:46 AM  
Blogger the duty. said...

no.

it would most definitely suck.

6/02/2005 8:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude that makes me feel better about my job. Thanks.
Cingular is a bitch of a provider, but they get you with the cool phones man. Dammit!

6/02/2005 11:46 AM  
Blogger the duty. said...

that may very weel be the nerdiest, gayest, most un-cool thing anyone has ever said.

EVER.

thanx kiley.

thank you very much.

ass.

6/05/2005 9:17 AM  
Blogger beau said...

look at all the ex cheyenne dudes talking about who's gayer

6/06/2005 10:40 AM  
Blogger eric said...

who hasn't been in cheyenne? that isn't gay? double zing! (on myself, too, but it was worth it)

6/06/2005 8:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey, i always wanted to be gay i just never got to.

6/07/2005 10:41 AM  
Blogger the duty. said...

every one knows cheyenne is like a total queer club now....thats why everyone is getting out of it, that perfers being the rads...

6/08/2005 8:51 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home