Brewcaster

Friday, August 31, 2007

Wonderful/Terrifying night

Last night Melissa and I went down to the riverfront to catch the Oregon Symphony Season Opener. A free outdoor concert ending with cannons and fireworks during the 1812 Overture.

What a great evening this was. Parking was easy. The weather was amazing, got a little chilly after dark. The people were all great around us. We saw another beagle'ed family. They brought treats over for ours.

We stood on a lookout over the river really close to the barge they were going to launch the fireworks from. When they started it was amazing. Next thing I know, my arm is being jerked by the leash. I look; Baxter and Daisy had decided that we were under attack, and were making a B-line out of there. We had to follow, they were really frightened. I haven't laughed that hard in a while. We tried picking them up to carry them out, but we were not moving fast enough for them. No, they preferred to do the pulling.

As we got out of most of the crowd we decided to run WITH them, and boy I have not seen Baxter run like that in years. Just 2 months ago he couldn't walk!

I will never forget that momment when the fireworks started, I was just about to say to Melissa, "Wow, these fireworks are amazing".

And of course this was the LONGEST fireworks display I have witnessed, it didn't let up until we reached the safety of the car. Poor little guys.

Cultured Man - Baxter at the Symphony

1 Comments:

Blogger Brock said...

We've had the exact same experience with our dog on a July 4th about 2 years ago. We had to put him under a blanket so he would calm down, and yes, it was really funny.

9/04/2007 1:18 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home